Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
Enhancing Eyebrows with Microblading Techniques
VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
VTCT COURSE £1300.00
Registration & VTCT Fee £98.00
Time: 10am to 4pm
Please inform us if you are already registered with VTCT when applying for a course.
We will require confirmation of your candidate registration number.
Course comprises of theory and practical tuition carried out at the Academy you are required to complete case studies and assignments relating to all units. You will e provided with a NBTA Uniform that must be worn during your Practical Sessions at the academy.
The Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatment is a vocationally related qualification and is focused on reducing hair growth and photo rejuvenation of the skin using intense light and laser treatments. In the qualification you will develop an understanding of managing safe working practices and how to identify and control hazards. You will also learn how to identify hair and skin conditions and those clients suitable for intense light and laser system treatments. You will be assessed on your occupational competence.
- Health, hygiene, safety & legislation
- Preparation of therapist, tools, work area and client
- Consultation/record cards / skin analysis / client care
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Benefits & effects of laser hair removal
- Theory of anatomy & physiology: Fitzpatrick scale skin, and Hair types
- Laser and IPL course knowledge and understanding
- Practical tuition for IPL and laser application following VTCT Guidelines
- Post & future treatment advice and recommendation, physiology effects
- Step-by-step guide to all ranges on parts of the body
- Case studies with photographic evidence if required
- Written assessment / Practical assessment
- Final assignment/assessment
- Guidance on portfolio building
- Workbooks are completed as self study at home to reinforce learning
Candidates wishing to achieve this qualification will need to build a portfolio of evidence containing written, practical assessments, assignments, workbooks & all other relevant underpinning knowledge, and written exam paper to be submitted to awarding body.
Prerequisite – Level 3 Beauty Therapy or level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
Week 1 & 2 - Practical Skills for IPL and Laser techniques Introduction to course work health and safety, setting up work area, contra-indications, consultation and practical skills.on full treatment, post treatment advice and contra-actions, all unit criteria
Week 3 & 4 Review of skills development through practical observation/formative
assessment, action planning and theory individual portfolio building throughout the course all ranges must be completed at formative stage
On completion of self-study workbooks & case studies etc. students will return to the centre for practical and written assessments/exams and submission of portfolio.
Week 5 - Summative/final practical and written exams/assessments
Week 6 - Summative/final practical and written exams/assessments
Week 7 Summative/final practical and written exams/assessments
Total GLH 220
- Tuition with tutor class / skype / tutorials 50 hours
- Practical assessments and demonstrations 70 hours
- Final written exam self-revision 35 hours
- Portfolio submission 10 hours
- Self-directive study 10 hours
- Course Assignment Level 4 Standard 20 hours
- Completed portfolio with photographic evidence 25 hours
Internal /external verification availability
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they have completed all assessments attend all summative days complete all learning guided hours to enable them to complete the qualification.
Please note this course has been devised to suit your individual needs and is a fast-track intensive level 4 certificates so you are required to complete all work at a high standard.