Level 3 in Aromatherapy
Time: 10am to 4pm Course comprises of theory and practical tuition carried out at either the Academy or your workplace with assignments completed as home study.
Aromatherapy is using pre-blended essential oils for psychological and physical well-being. It is safe and effective manner for the relief of muscle tension, improved circulation, lymphatic drainage and stress relief. The course also covers the full body including the scalp, head and neck.
• Health, hygiene, safety & legislation
• Preparation of therapist, tools, work area and client
• Consultation/record cards
• Contra-indications and contra-actions / Aftercare advice
• Benefits of Aromatherapy massage / pre-blended essential oils
• Theory of anatomy & physiology: muscles, skin, etc
• Physical and psychological effects
• Adaptation of massage movements, working with different mediums
• Step-by-step guide to massage movements
• Written assessment / Practical assessment
• Guidance on portfolio building
• Workbooks are completed as self study at home to reinforce learning
Candidates wishing to achieve this qualification will need to carryout practical assessments, assignments, workbooks & all other relevant underpinning knowledge and written paper to be submitted to awarding body
Practical Skills on Aromatherapy: Introduction to course work health and safety, setting up work area, contra-indications, consultation and practical skills on full treatment, post treatment advice and contra-actions
Review of skills development through practical observation/formative assessment, action planning and theory individual portfolio building throughout the course all ranges must be completed at formative stage
On completion of self study work books & case studies etc.
Final written exam Course evaluation